Sunday, January 20, 2008

An Uneventful Weekend - Love 'Em






It was, totally uneventful. Quite and restful. I slept till 8! (See the afore mentioned pain preventing prescriptions.) My DH and I sat around the house then went to the cafe for lunch. We had both vehicles inspected. We both found some New Balance shoes on sale!

The main event of the day was a fund raising supper for a friend of ours who is running for constable in our district. Right now he works with my DH at the courthouse. He would do a great job. My friend D came with us.



After the supper the three of us went to see Cloverfield. I couldn't watch it, the jerkiness of the filming made me ill. It may have been a combo of a pain pill and chili, but I don't think it would have set well anyway. All the reviews I've read of it, by monster movie aficionados, say it is great. I don't see it. It starts out slow, then it all goes downhill quick, and jerkily. That's not even a word is it?

After we got back home, D helped me with an ongoing pantry door-Rusty problem! Rusty learned to pop the pantry door open by pushing it with his nose. I was keeping a chair in front of it, however forgot to pull it up one day. The results can be seen here, complete with guilty canine. The next day I came home and he had shouldered the chair out of the way and nosed the door open a little, not enough to get in, but enough to encourage him to pursue this line of shouldering. So I put two chairs up, and was going to the hardware store to get a hook or something to put over the handles of the door. Enter D with a spare shoelace. TA DA.

4 comments:

Mrs. G. said...

Rusty, Rusty, Rusty. How I love thee.

Paulie said...

Isn't it wonderful to find a "solution?" Hope you are feeling lots better.

Jackie said...

I love uneventful weekends also. They just rarely come along.

Take care...

Anonymous said...

Don't you just love great weekends? The shoes look really comfortable and supportive which is what I always look for. That Rusty is one smart cookie and so cute.