Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Busy, Busy, Busy (& A New Camera!)

Wow! That last week of school sure is busy! The kids last day was Friday and our last day was Saturday. That included three meetings I had to attend: 1) the GT Committee met to go over the stories submitted and score them. 2) The second grade teachers met to sort the kids into seven new classes for their third grade year. 3) The big district meeting was held at the Jr. High as usual. The retirees were honored, people with 5, 20, 15, 20, 25, and 30 years with the district were honored with pins. Two of the 30 year people were from our campus. In 3 years I'll have my 25 year pin.

Last week we kept my niece's standard poodle while she and her fiance went to Las Vegas to be married. His name is Dragon and he is the sweetest dog. He and Rusty got along fine, but Rusty had to remind him sometimes that this is actually Rusty's home so he was top dog. She came and picked him up on Sunday.













Speaking of Sunday that was the day of David's family reunion. We all met at Salmon Lake Park. It isn't too far away, just about a 30 minute drive. Click on the link, click on Rental Photos then scroll down to Family Reunion Buildings and you will see a picture of the Crazy Horse Saloon building where our family meets almost every year. We took Ethan with us and he had a great time. The lake there is spring fed and he spent a lot of time swimming, and I spent a lot of time on the shore watching him. We all brought simple food. David and his cousins went through a lot of old photos and a good time was had by all.



Here is a portion of the lake.









May 26th was my birthday and, as promised, David got a new camera for me. A Rebel XTI! The store was having a "special" where you could get 75-300mm lens with the camera kit, so of course I had to get that. I got a case and two rechargeable batteries and a 4gb card because it was "on sale." Now I've never filled up the 1gb cards I have in my Kodak so why I thought I had to have the 4gb is beyond me, but there you have it.




Now I have a little free time to read up on this and try taking pictures!

8 comments:

Jane H said...

woohooo congrats on your new baby! And believe me a new digital slr is a baby :)

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

I have a Canon Rebel and I totally heart it! Happy Birthday to you.

Lake Lady said...

Happy Birthday, Neighbor! Congrats on the camera....I'm envious! Always wanted to check out Salmon Lake...thanks for the link!

Anonymous said...

OH that camera looks really nice...I know you'll enjoy it. The reunion sounds fun. I'm going to the link now!

dot said...

Wow, a nice new camera! I hope you enjoy it and show us lots of pictures.

Paulie said...

You have certainly been busy! Neat that you got a new camera and some accessories to go with it. Happy belated birthday! Enjoy your summer!

Tom said...

Hi Sharon
It is great to be back commenting.. sounds like you all had a great weekend.. love the camera I have heard loads of good things about this one.

You asked about my B&W shot of the signal being Red... all I did was load in the B&W picture into my PhotoPlus programe and coloured in the red.. I made it so the red was 'see through'.. Check out Serif.com I alter my pictures using PhotoPlus and I also use their DrawPlus for a lot of other stuff.. The programes are a fraction of the cost of photoshop.

Anonymous said...

Thhhpppttt!!!!!!!!!!!!!
But really, glad you had a
wonderful birthday and your
snookums got you such a nifty
birthday gifty!