Friday, May 23, 2008

Overheard at School


I must admit that my desk at school is never very neat, but here at the end I have several extra stacks: the end of the year benchmark tests, last minute graded papers to be put in the computer, certificates to be prepared for awards day, a water bottle and a coffee cup, the meal worms in their plastic box, a birds nest in a ziplock bag, various notes from parents, the office and other teachers, two inventory sheets for the central office, various pens, pencils and markers, and...... Well, I could go on but I think you get the idea.

One of my students was standing by me as I checked her paper at my desk and said, "You know Mrs. Brock, if I was a teacher I think my desk would be neat." This is the one I nominated for GT this year.

4 comments:

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

I work with a teacher who is just like me . . . a touch of the OCD. Piles give me hives! I wish it weren't so, but . . .

Paulie said...

Not sure what GT is but keep track of that kid and if she becomes a teacher, check out her desk when she has taught as long as you.

nonizamboni said...

My hunch is that if she/he becomes a teacher, the desk won't be neat either. Kids are way honest. :o) thanks for sharing
Happy Memorial Day!

Anonymous said...

How cute! My desk would be just like yours. So much to keep up with.